We’ve just released a larger update for Xenowerk Tactics!
TWO NEW SKILLS: The scientist and ranger classes both receive an additional level 1 skill. Gun Turret and Flare Shot, respectively. This adds more player choice on earlier combat scenarios and some well-needed extra power for the new Hard Mode.
EXPLORATION MODE: This mode lets you continue a campaign after the story has concluded. It will also be possible to convert any previously ended campaign into this mode. Everything, but the Ambrosia mission threads, is playable, endlessly…
HARD MODE: There’s an easy way to implement a hard mode, just increase damage numbers and decrease health numbers. That’s boring, so we did it the hard way. The mutant horde has now become more deadly and gained various powers, such as Pyrokinesis, Radioactive Blood, Stalking, Teleportation, adding a new dimension to the tactical challenge. Prepare to go MIA!
On a more serious note, this mode is recommended for more experienced players who want some additional challenge. It is designed to be harder, but hopefully, in a fair and interesting way.
- Scout mutants now enrage nearby mutants.
- Flying mutants in the mountain biome now cause damage and slow down on death.
- Mutant projectiles now leave a radioactive residue on impact.
- Clearer healing/regeneration indicator on mutants.
- Hardshell mutants are now immune to stun effects.
- Enemy health bars shown on tactical pause.
- Graphics detail options added. (iOS)
- AI path-finding optimized and improved.
- All mails related to Command Center upgrades high-lighted.
- Many tweaks and bug fixes.